- District of Columbia
- California, Alaska (inactive)
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 9th Circuit
Honors & Affiliations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Family Division Trial Lawyers Association - Lifetime Achievement Award
Education / Foreign Service
- Harvard University - AB, Undergraduate Football Manager
- US Peace Corps - Mali (Agricultural Research and Extension Service)
- California Western School of Law - JD, Topics & Research Editor, International Law Journal
- George Washington University - Computer Science classes
Albert Zelius Lewis Jr.
E-mail: azlewis @ iblf.com
Albert Z. Lewis is the managing attorney of the law firm, responsible for the administration, and
for the various technologies being used. Mr. Lewis has also worked as a computer consultant,
building and maintaining computers, and developing specialized software as a programmer.
Mr. Lewis's particular specialties are the electonic filing done with the US CIS, as well as
through the ECF systems for the US District Courts, as well as EDGAR, the computer filing system
for the US Securities and Exchange Commission. He also appears regularly in Immigration Court, supervises
all aspects of family-related immigration filings, and has written
numerous appeal briefs for immigration and other appeals. He has represented children and adults under the
Criminal Justice Act, through programs at the DC Superior Criminal Court as well as the DC Counsel for Child
Abuse and Neglect.
In his earlier life, he has worked as road construction truck driver, commercial fisherman in Alaska, and is an accomplished horseman,
having been raised on a 40,000 acre cattle ranch in Arizona. He speaks French, some Spanish and Bamabara, the latter learned when he served as a volunteer
in the US Peace Corps in the Republic of MALI, West Africa where he established and maintained a vegetable growing and testing
research program near the village of Dougourakoro on the Baguinda canal.